The army of the German state of Württemberg was until 1918 known in Germany as the Württembergische Armee.
Its troops were maintained by Württemberg for its national defence and as a unit of the Swabian Circle (district), the Confederation of the Rhine, the German Confederation and finally of the Imperial German Army. In addition, particularly in the 18th century, there were also regiments that were lent to other dukes and foreign powers. This practice was often criticized as "soldier trading" or "Soldatenhandel"; a form of mercenary service.
Amalgamated within the overall Imperial German army in 1871, it was renamed the XIII (Royal Württemberg) Corps until 1918, mainly comprising the 26th and 27th infantry divisions and the 26th dragoon regiment.